Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Brad Pitt in no way resembles Billy Beane; nobody apparently resembles Rick Peterson except for Rick Peterson


Old news (not to us. To us it's new news, which we think is commonly referred to as "news"): they're making a "Moneyball" movie. Brad Pitt's inked to play the role of Billy Beane, while Steve Soderbergh of "Traffic" fame will direct. How they will turn this ground-breaking book into a film that's supposed to make money will be quite the challenge for the screenwriters.

Elsewhere, Rick Peterson will play himself in the film.
Rick Peterson, the former A's and Mets pitching coach, will play himself in Steve Soderbergh's movie version of "Moneyball." Soderbergh, who has directed "Sex, Lies and Videotape," "Erin Brockovich," "Traffic," and the "Ocean's Eleven" films, will cast Brad Pitt in the role of Billy Beane.

"Originally I was asked to be a technical adviser," said Peterson, "and after speaking with Mr. Soderbergh, he asked me if I'd play myself in the movie. I said, 'Sure, I'd love to.' I've spent a lot of time talking to him about pitching and what we said in pitching meetings during that time, etc., and he was very interested in that aspect of it. It's very exciting for all of us."
Joe Pesci with a mullet? Could work...

[Boston.com via Ben Maller]

7 comments:

GMoney said...

Considering that the book sucked, the movie should be just as shitty. Just like anything that Dan Brown has ever written.

Brendan Marks said...

Too bad Moneyball wasn't written by Dan Brown...Michael Lewis wrote it. Might want to get your facts right before dogging on the book.

GMoney said...

Brendan, can I call you fuckstick? I know that. The shitty book will likely produce a shittier movie...just like everything that Dan Brown has done. Learn how to read before coming after me. But you probably liked The DaVinci Code...

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

poker online gratis
Poker en ligne gratuit

bookmaking software said...

I would like to watch the movie, but I haven't heard about it. I check to see if it deserves my time.