Monday, October 12, 2009

Red River Shootout tickets will get you an interview: An update with that clever Sooner


Last week we told you about the clever OU grad who was willing to give up his Red River Shootout tickets for a career.

We followed up with the anonymous Sooner who sent us this reply in regards to how the job hunt was going.
Hey guys,

The blog is awesome! Thanks for your reply and I sincerely appreciate the shout out.

To my surprise, I have had an overwhelmingly positive response. I wasn't sure what to expect but all has been positive... Minus the couple comments on your blog(haha), always will be skeptics though.

Overall I have had about 35 emails... Several inquiries and interview offers, along with two local TV stations wanting to do a story and interview. Story/interview wasn't my goal though so I haven't responded to those inquiries. Also received a few reply's from people that operate blogs like yourself.
Thirty-five inquiries! You know how hard it is to get an interview these days?! We, again, are very impressed with the creativity and it sounds like it'll pay off.

Time for us to start selling the goods for career opportunities -- and we're not just talking about baseball tickets...

1 comment:

GMoney said...

This might be the first time that the word "clever" was used to describe an Oklahoman.