Friday, December 05, 2008

We're 3-years old! Happy Fucking Birthday!

Today is The Big Picture's third birthday! Happy birthday to us!

Nearly 1,100 days ago, we popped on Blogger for the first time and entered the first words on what would become almost 1,400 blog posts. Who knew we'd last so long? (We get those same words, on occasion, from the girlfriend. Sigh.)

Three's a very special number. Three-legged races. Three's Company. Three Musketeers. The chick from Total Recall who had three boobs (link NSFW).

We can't believe we've made it this far. We have gotten close to closing the doors on multiple occasions; it's tough work doing this on a daily basis.

But you readers have kept us going. The comments, the emails, the links...it means a lot. Really, it's clearly not the money or the blowjobs (of which we've gotten far too few) that keep us motivated. It's all of your guys' nice words. That sounds sorta pussy of us, but it's true. Really.

So keep reading and tell your friends, enemies and anyone you encounter on a daily basis. The more positive feedback we get (and ad sales), the longer we can keep going at this.

But today's a party. Cake and ice cream will come later, but we have many friends stopping by throughout the day to give us our birthday wishes. Keep checking in early and often today to see who was invited to the party.

And please no presents. Unless they come in the form of strippers, hookers or blowjobs.

Put on your party hats. It's a freakin' birthday party!

6 comments:

rstiles said...

Hey, I heard Richard Simmons was coming over to give you a nice blowie!!!...

Happy Third Birthday...you do a nice job...keep it up

GMoney said...

I'm still waiting for my first, "oh, hey, aren't you a blogger? I would like to give you head right now".

Happy birthday, inanimate object.

Anonymous said...

hey champ, way to go. 3 damn years of this bullshit, wow. I still remember in the fledgling days when I would be up late and be the first to read the blog, and by read I mean find all the typos and email you about them. remember, that was before the scheduled posting feature... fun stuff.

Nowadays I'm not up late so I'm the last one to read the blog in the morning, and I jut go in and edit out the mistakes myself.

anyway, happy birthday!

THN said...

I got a balloon.

T Dizzle said...

Congratulations, I really enjoy your blog

Prince Gomolvilas said...

...threeways...three-legged dogs...three day old muffins...