Friday, July 14, 2006

A letter from Barbaro

Dear Friends,

Thank you for all of your support over the last few months. As you know, this may be the last you'll be hearing from me. My leg is infected and it really fucking hurts. The doc may put me down soon.

But I want to thank all of you; fans, friends, peers...you've all been there for me since Day One. I really appreciate reading all of your signs and emails and getting to chat during visits.

Life in the hospital really hasn't been all bad though. The nurses have been treating me well, and one nurse, Patty, has been treating me really well. (Nudge, nudge).

A lot of the other horses have been stopping by to pay their respects, as well. Bernadini, who won the Belmont Stakes, came to visit the other day. He's doing well. We talked about how things are going on the circuit and gossiped about some fillies. We then sat down with some popcorn and Milk Duds and watched Seabiscuit. I liked it. Bernadini cried like a little bitch.

I also get to take a bath everyday. On some days -- usually Saturdays -- I spoil myself and take a bubble bath. Those are fun. I like to play in the bubbles.

My cast is really cool for a cast and I'm learning all sorts of neat stuff about leg injuries and infections. If I pull through, I may look into going into medicine.

Anyway, lots of writing makes me a bit melancholy, so I'm gonna wrap it up. Thanks again for all of your love and support. If I don't make it, I may be better off. It's been a fun ride.

Much love,

Barbaro

In other news: Mark Teixeira hit three homers Thursday after having special iced cream over the All-Star break.

10 comments:

wjackalope said...

wow. I mean... wow.

Anonymous said...

Zach:

You do a helluva job with this blog. Very entertaining!

twins15 said...

LOL! :D

SAMO said...

Wow, you have great english skills. Who taught you how to speak?

Anonymous said...

thats hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I thought they were going to let you race on two legs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlt9EWig8xE

Anonymous said...

Bernardini won the Preakness; Jazil won the Belmont.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I think the letter would have been better with out the bad language. Get your facts straight before you humiliate yourself again

Anonymous said...

Your a fucking dick head. Go to hell asshole this horse is a lot better you say he was great