Wednesday, May 09, 2007

...And Big Papi's also not sure if he inhaled

Now this is something you wouldn't expect to hear from the mouth of David Ortiz regarding the steroids. Or maybe it is. You decide.
“I tell you, I don’t know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up, and I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it,” Ortiz said Sunday. “You’ve got to be careful...I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that any more because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off of buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”
And we don't know if we mixed beer and liquor last night.
But he's not sure if he took steroids? We suppose you could slip anything into a protein shake these days. The other day, in fact, we tried tricking ourselves into slipping some pixie sticks into our protein shake, but then we caught on to our mind's nasty game, and we avoided the inevitable sugar high.

Enough about us. We' re feeling extra goofy today. Can you tell? That's what Hump Day can do to us.

Anyhoo, Ortiz continued his stand-up:

“I should use steroids just to see what’s going on,” Ortiz said with a laugh. “Nah. I have a good family. I want to see my kids learn and develop. I think I’m having an OK career. So, I take a lot of Advils, but I think I’m going to stop taking them. They say it (expletive) your liver.”

You can get addicted to Advil, ya know. Just ask Brett Favre. No wait, those were sleeping pills. Dammit. TO. That's the pain-killer guy. Yeah, watch out with those Advils, Papi. It does more than just fuck your liver.

4 comments:

rstiles said...

It's good to see that Big Papi is concerned about his liver...he's a good man

GMoney said...

I don't know what he took in the Dominican, but I've always wondered how someone could gain 50+ pounds in the same offseason he gets released by the Twins and signs with the Red Sox...

THN said...

Favre liked the Vike.

Known Unknown said...

I like when he habla de Ingles.


Turf Toe